About Our Grants
At the JF Maddox Foundation, we know that good ideas don’t necessarily come in neat packages. As you consider how to approach the Foundation for possible funding, we hope this site will be a helpful and informative first step!
For the most part, we don’t use application forms or have due dates. This practice is intended to give you the flexibility you need to develop the best proposal possible. Although the projects/programs supported by the Foundation vary — in size, in desired outcome, in approach — there are a few attributes we desire to see in all projects/programs that we fund:
- Proposed project/program is consistent with one or more areas of focus
- There is potential for significant benefit to Lea County, New Mexico and its residents
- Proposed project/program will be self-supporting within a reasonable timeframe
Although not required, we also desire to see project/programs with the following attributes:
- Potential to use Foundation funds to leverage funding from other sources
- Potential for collaboration with other agencies to better serve the residents of Lea County.
Remember, you don’t have to do this alone! Our Program Officers are here to walk you through the process, so please feel free to call or email David Reed or Mayra Lovas.
We look forward to hearing your ideas soon!