About the JF Maddox Foundation
At the JF Maddox Foundation, we work with our grantee partners to overcome challenges and accelerate opportunities in Lea County, New Mexico. We connect with various community partners including municipalities, nonprofit, and for-profit organizations to identify needs and develop meaningful change. We think big, dig deep, and connect the community to cultivate big-picture possibilities in Lea County, New Mexico.
The JF Maddox Foundation is looking for a driven and focused individual to join our team as an accounting professional. This person will perform accounting functions including managing Foundation databases, provide financial and managerial analyses, and help with the general day-to-day functions of the Foundation. We are a fast-paced organization with an ever-evolving workload. Applicants must be prepared to learn on the go and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Prepares all schedules required for the monthly financial statements
- Assists with preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and cash flow estimates, financial audit process, tax returns, and administration of database.
- Reconciles cash accounts each month
- Assists accounting clerk in day-to-day functions
- Assists and reviews Accounting Clerk’s preparation of the monthly New Mexico Form CRS-1, quarterly payroll tax and workers compensation reports, and annual tax reports
- Serves other functions as requested
- Substantial accounting and math skills are required. General ledger accounting, management of accounts payables/receivables, management of payroll functions, preparation of financial statements, and substantial managerial accounting analytical skills are required.
- A high level of proficiency in use of computer application programs in Microsoft Windows environments and network administration is required. Special emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have skills at management of multiple tasks and organization of the work products of others in a timely manner.
- Two to four years of accounting experience is required. Prior experience as a staff accountant preferred.
- Substantive experience in generating reports to governmental agencies, include tax reporting is required.
- Substantive experience in use of personal computers and computer data entry is required.
- Some experience in the writing and reviewing of comprehensive reports is required.
- Some administrative experience in a support role is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred
- Training in Microsoft Office Suite and database programs is preferred. Training in network administration is highly preferred.
- $22 to $27 per hour, depending on experience
How To Apply
To apply, email resume with cover letter to Kyle Shepard. Kyle’s email address can be found on the Foundation’s website at jfmaddox.org/careers/. If you have any questions about the position, please email or call Kyle Shepard at (575)393-6338 ext. 128.